As a follow-up to yesterday’s post, The Invisibles”, I want to share some thoughts on the practice of tipping. The many people we come into contact with daily–those who make our meals enjoyable, the ones who make our travel pleasant, and the ones who we never see that clean our rooms to make our hotel stay amazing—these people deserve our gratitude and our tips!
I want to highlight the May 2013 issue of Conde Nast Traveler magazine, and the article titled “The Naked Truth–From Guides, Waiters, Maids, Flight Attendants, and More.”
Condé Nast Traveler editors worked the jobs of the people in the travel industry who make our trips possible (or at least enjoyable) and learned what it really takes to keep us happy.
- A Cold Look at Working in Sin City’s Hottest Club
- Serving Burgers to the Hollywood Elite
- The Truth About Making Beds That Others Sleep In
- My Day Selling Cruise Ship Shore Excursions
- Taking Abuse as a Times Square Photo Op
- What Your Sommelier Wouldn’t Say—Until Now
What an amazing article! After reading this article, you will never view these hard-working people in the same way ever again!
The next time someone serves you, say “Thank-You” and really mean it!