We all hate hearing those words coming from the kitchen, right? Nothing good ever comes from it!
Our response is….. “What happened?”
I can share quite a list with you from personal experience, and I’m sure you can too!
I think I’ve heard just about all of them. You see, I am an appliance salesman in Belle Meade, a suburb of Nashville, TN (recently voted as the NUMBER ONE best place to retire rich: http://www.forbes.com/pictures/mjf45hdfl/belle-meade-tennessee/ Here are a few of the most painful I’ve heard:
- A young couple returning from vacation turned into their driveway to discover water running out of the garage door. It turns out that an appliance started leaking upstairs the day after they left for vacation. A year later they are still dealing with the insurance company and major repairs.
- One of my favorites comes from a family who had just moved into a new split-level home, newly landscaped. After closing on the new home and moving in, they left for a few days to finalize the sale of their old home. It turns out that the movers had tracked grass seed on to the new carpet. While they were gone, the washing machine hose had burst on the upper level, saturating the new carpet on the lower level. They returned to find grass growing in their new living room!
- Too bad O rings break. These evil little things can cause a slow leak. One of my customers suffered major damage when they discovered that their dishwasher had been slowly dripping water for a long time. When the wood floor showed signs of buckling in front of the dishwasher, further inspection showed rotted flooring underneath, damage to the wall and adjoining cabinets, and damage to the room below. OUCH!
- “I’ll never have another ice maker in my refrigerator!” I heard that recently when a water supply line burst and flooded half of the house. No simple repair here. Wood floors had to be replaced throughout the house!
- Just a few days ago, someone brought in an electric coil burner from their range. It had erupted into flame and burned in half while they were eating breakfast. Good thing they were home to turn off the power!
- Can you imagine coming home from vacation and discovering that the power had been off for several days? Open the refrigerator for a very unpleasant experience. You can never get rid of the smell of rotten food!
So each of these things I have described are painful to deal with. These are things you can’t anticipate, but must deal with immediately. A natural companion to the pain is the frustration of not being able to fix the problem quickly.
Buying a new major appliance or making repairs to your damaged home is not always a quick process. It can be mentally and physically exhausting to shop through the many available choices and price points.
“Am I making the right choice?” “Should we look at other brands?” “Am I getting the best deal?” “When will my kitchen be back to normal???”
I hope these things never happen to you, but if you are in Nashville and find yourself in any of these unpleasant situations, I hope you will call me at A-1 Appliance. I’ll do my best to speed up your recovery! If you are far away, you still might find helpful advice on our website, blog, facebook, or twitter pages.
You can find multiple ways to contact me at http://www.kimtag.com/nashvillesmart